Our care is evidence-based and customised to each patient’s individual needs, ensuring an optimal clinical outcome and experience.
We create a community of support that ensures that the patient thrives during their pregnancy and into parenthood.
Our priority is to ensure excellence in care is available to all patients. It’s important that cost does not become a barrier to access.
Western Obstetrics believes that everyone should receive excellence in care both during and after the birth of their baby. The hallmarks of excellent care are:
- Continuity of care: care should be delivered by a team of providers (midwifery + medical + allied health) allowing for a relationship to develop that will lead to improved clinical and patient experience outcomes.
- Patient involvement: it is essential that patients are actively involved in their care. To be involved, patients must be provided with information and their opinions should be sought and respected.
- Evidence-based: decisions around the provided care should reflect the current ‘gold standard’ in care as determined by the best evidence available at the time.
- Respect: the cultural and personal beliefs of the individual patient should be understood and respected, and should be considered during on the decision-making process.
- Choice: patients should be able to select the model of care that is best suited to their needs and is consistent with their expectations.